Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

You are not logged in.

search engine by freefind advanced

#1 2017-10-13 11:39:19

Loohan
Administrator

short IQ test

Can YOU pass the world's shortest IQ test? Three questions can reveal if you have above average intelligence (but it's much harder than it looks)

Cognitive Reflection Test was published in Journal of Economic Perspectives
    Has resurfaced due to Donald Trump and Rex Tillerson's row over IQ tests
    Assessment contains just three questions and looks simple and quick to finish
    But key is to figure out why the questions are a lot harder than they seem 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … -test.html

I got all the answers right, and it only took me a couple minutes. This is not a tough test. I'm smart some ways but i doubt a very high IQ is necessary for this test.
Still, it would probably weed out most of the human population :-(
So no doubt it is true that it requires above average intelligence.

#2 2017-10-13 13:16:34

DanaSG
Enabled users

Re: short IQ test

It's a very good cognitive reflection test(!), which you noticed correctly has nothing to do with person's IQ(!!!)
All people who successfully graduated from elementary school can manage. Who have no chance to manage are eg. people with Alzheimer symptoms, because they cannot remember a half sentence, that was read to them by the psychologist administering the test.
I was always pretty dumb to this kind of mathematics, because unless get everything in my head in pictures, I cannot count. So the language and numbers are extremely complicated for me to manage in this form; I can best work with numbers as symbols. Personally, I would need about an hour to manage the test and still with a doubtful result; a piece of paper and a pen and a couple of miles of drawings would help, but that's not acceptable with this kind of test which is designed to reveal hidden cognitive disabilities and thus must be read to the listener(!).
((I took the test recently; the counting as such wasn't so bad, but the questions had to be read to me repeatedly, because I wasn't able to remember the task, or when it got complicated, I couldn't hear the task at all(!) However, I suspect somebody was/is manipulating with me in order for me to look more disabled then what I am in reality...))

Publishing a misleading information, especially about psychological tests, is more then unprofessional, and Siofra Brennan, the author of the article, is just one of the thousands of stupid, IGNORANT journalists who aren't able to discern a pigeon from a pig assuming it's one and the same animal just because they both have a tail...

Yeah, no intelligent human population on this planet... and the very few bright exceptions only prove the rule...
: D.

~44~

#3 2017-10-13 14:08:03

mvinon
Enabled users

I don't see how the first one come out to 5 pence, if the bat and ball cost 1.10 together and the bat cost 1.00 more I would think it to be .10 pence for the ball.  Anyways I got the other 2 right, I always sucked at math anyways,,,no room for errors!

#4 2017-10-14 08:01:51

Loohan
Administrator

mvinon wrote:

I don't see how the first one come out to 5 pence, if the bat and ball cost 1.10 together and the bat cost 1.00 more I would think it to be .10 pence for the ball.  Anyways I got the other 2 right, I always sucked at math anyways,,,no room for errors!

100-10=90 so then the bat would only cost 90c more than the ball.

Board footer