Loohan Forums

This bulletin board is associated with the website loohan.com and its blog.
Permission is required to post. No agents need apply.
Posts in the wrong category will be relocated.

You are not logged in.

search engine by freefind advanced

#31 2015-06-28 13:35:54

sittingtaoist
Enabled users

Re: shielding "smart" meters

ndw wrote:

I've tryd another DMM, always 2,2/1,4 .... then I've redone the circuit with new components, it's the same.
then today I've bought another DMM, always the same..

Then the reading is probably right, and it is a low one, so what is the problem?

ndw wrote:

is reading frequencies the feature to use with this circuit? so a frequency meter feature right?
I've used only 200AC on these DMMs I have here...

On the pic that Loohan posted, my DMM is switched to the 20V AC range. The freq setting is of no use when measuring dirty elec, as it is a mix of many freqs. If you want to know which, you need a scope. The filter is also good with a scope, as all it does is filtering out the 220V 50Hz AC.

#32 2015-07-17 08:32:41

Loohan
Administrator

Loohan wrote:

Lovely. Didn't know that. That must be what i have:
electric_meter.jpg
as i never could get a read off the meter with a trifield meter nor a wifi hot-spot detecter.
Of course my house wiring has lots of PRG etc resin items all along it, taped on with that metallized tape. And there is a gallon or more of resin stuff between the meter pole and the cabin.
Never could detect much in the way of EMF inside house, either, though, and nothing at all on wifi hot-spot gizmo.

Check out the 2nd one down on the left side:

Smart-Meter-Examples.jpg

Interesting links: (i did not watch the vids)
http://www.activistpost.com/2015/07/tho … s-new.html
http://takebackyourpower.net/

I called my electric co-op office this morning to ask if they have any coverage in case the meter causes a surge which destroys my appliances. The lady did not answer that question, but did say that the meters they use are of a type which does not use RF; instead it sends a signal back up the wire.
She said she would mail me a brochure with more info.
There is no mention of smart meters on their website.

#33 2015-07-23 07:51:54

Loohan
Administrator

The mailout i received says i have a TWACS meter of the variety that does not use RF but sends a signal back through the wiring.
"Since they are self-contained within the wiring, these signals are not harmful in any way..." it sez.
However here
http://www.eiwellspring.org/plc/PLC_sma … health.htm
it says
"Dirty electricity is created by other sources than the TWACS signals.  Many types of household electronics can create them as well, though they tend not to be as powerful.  The TWACS signals must be stronger than most other kinds of dirty electricity, to be “heard” above the other noisemakers on the line.
(snip)
"There are no filters available to block these low frequency signals.  The TWACS system is specifically designed to go right through obstacles, including isolation transformers.  Filters designed to block high-frequency dirty electricity have no effect on the lower TWACS-frequencies.  This includes the simple Stetzer filters, as well as more sophisticated filters."

Also one does not get dirty electricity merely from one's own meter, but also other meters on the line, and the lines themselves.

#34 2015-07-23 11:05:21

ndw
Administrator

so these smart meters are making the whole grid dirty.... reaching any point of the grid with such signals.. terrible!
better remove them somehow! or just go off-grid!

#35 2015-07-23 11:20:57

sittingtaoist
Enabled users

The frequency of TWACS signal is between 200Hz and 600Hz, so it takes more than a Stetzer filter to remove it, but then a Stetzer filter is only a capacitor in a box. But I dont see that it should be particularly difficult to build a multi-step LC-filter for that purpose.

However, a filter may not be necessary at all, as these frequencies are quite low, and therefore little EMF will radiate from the power lines.

Last edited by sittingtaoist (2015-07-24 14:08:28)

#36 2016-11-24 08:47:48

Loohan
Administrator

New device to block the EMR while ignoring the DOR:
http://smartmeterguard.com/
Looks like they have a tasty little profit margin.
Note that stainless steel window screen is cheap at hardware stores and probably works just as well.

Board footer